HI my name is Dustin Lang, I am 23 years old and I live in southern Santa Rosa with my fiance. I am attending the JC for the 4th year now, where I am currently trying to get an associates degree in the machine tool technology field. I work for a company called Carson MFG based in Petaluma, where we manufacture and install water tank liners around the world. After graduating from the JC I see myself either continuing to work for this company or pursuing a career with PG&E.
I am a very hands on person and i learn visually, that is why english has never been one of my stong points. I have always had a problem putting my thoughts onto paper and i would like to improve those along with my organizational skills in my writing. As far as my homework work ethic i tend to put things off until I have enough free time to complete the assignment. Once i get on a roll it is hard to stop and restart later on.
Hi Dustin,
ReplyDeleteWelcome to our class!
If you're a visual kinesthetic learner, you might try clustering to get your ideas down on paper before you start drafting. It'll give you a visual representation of your ideas; it's sometimes called a mind map. There's an example on page 14 of Rules for Writers.
Take care,
Lauren
Hi,
ReplyDeleteWow, that is well said. I too work well with visuals. I learn by watching as well. I wish I could put things off but never have been able to. Hopefully we both can learn to put thought to paper.
Benjamin
Hi Dustin,
ReplyDeleteI also have trouble putting my thoughts into paper sometimes. It's like as soon as I see a blank paper, my mind goes blank too. What really helps is brainstorming and just writing any ideas that come to mind.
Good luck in the class!
Leticia
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete